Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair Services
Everdry Grand Rapids is proud to be the premier basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing and foundation repair company in Grand Rapids, MI. In existence for over 25 years, EverDry is one of the Nation’s largest and most experienced waterproofer. EverDry professionals take a personal one-on-one approach in educating homeowners so they truly understand all their options for creating a safe, dry, usable space in their basements. Our services are permanent which is why we offer a Lifetime guarantee on most of our services. Everdry Grand Rapids is an expert basement waterproofing company that can help you with basement leaks and flooding with our waterproofing services. We are happy to say we’ve helped many families repair their foundations and basements so they can enjoy their homes for a long time to come. Give us a call today so we can start helping you!
Do You Have a Wet Basement?
To help specifically with a wet basement we have the ability to have entire basements and crawlspaces can be completely sealed off from external moisture and ground vapor. Flexi-Seal transforms a dark dingy foundation into a clean, dry storage area that can be walked on.
Facts About Saginaw
The history of Saginaw, Michigan explores the development of the city from the time that Native American hunter-gatherers ranged through the area. There was little settlement, though, until the 19th century when the marshes were drained to alleviate the endemic mosquito infestation. The site of what later became the city of Saginaw was originally inhabited by the Anishnabeg. French missionaries and traders first appeared in the area during the late 17th century and encountered the Ojibwe (Chippewa) living in the area. Because of convenient means of travel to the area by rivers, streams, and Lake Huron, the area was one of the sites of councils of The Three Fires: Ojibwe, Pottawatomi, and Ottawa. Henri Nouvel, a Jesuit missionary visited the area in the 17th century and recorded his travels in a journal. A trading post was established by Louis Campeau in 1816. The Treaty of Saginaw in 1819 cleared the way for settlement by white people. To control the Ojibwe in the region, the United States government established Fort Saginaw in 1822, but the mosquito infestation and humidity was so severe that the fort was closed in 1824. Campau platted a town, but few lots were sold for some time. Also in 1822, Saginaw County was established. Saginaw realized significant growth due to the lumber industry boom of the 19th century. Two cities had been established Saginaw City and East Saginaw, which were consolidated into the current city of Saginaw in March, 1890.
The city grew substantially as automotive manufacturers opened plants in Saginaw and when the city answered the call to produce munitions and motor vehicle parts during World War II. In the late 20th century, the city began to decline economically as the number of manufacturing jobs declined significantly and the rate of unemployment increased dramatically. More recently, economic development in the region is focused on comparative advantages in innovation, clean energy, and continued manufacturing exports.
The area of the present City of Saginaw was inhabited from about 1000 B.C. to 1000 A.D. by Hopewell Woodland Native Americans, followed by the Anishnabeg. Some historians believe that the Sauk at one time lived in the area and were driven out by Ojibwe (Chippewa), before the area was first visited by Europeans. The Saginaw region includes an extensive network of many rivers and streams which converge into the Saginaw River and provided a means for easy travel for the Native American population among numerous settlements and hunting areas, as well as access to Lake Huron. Saginaw was also a frequent meeting location for councils of the Ojibwe, Ottawa and Pottawatomi–the Three Fires of the Anishnabeg. The name of the area as Saginaw most likely comes from the Ojibwe words meaning ‘place of the outlet’ from sag (opening) and ong (place of). The present City of Saginaw itself served as a location for only semi-permanent settlement until the time of European contact. This may be due, in part, to the low lying and frequently flooding land adjacent to the Saginaw River, much of which was marshland prior to being drained in the 19th century. Mosquito infestation was endemic to the area.
WHERE TO FIND US:
Wyoming, MI 49548
Phone: (616) 541-9844