Basement Mold in Wyoming MI
When someone in your household falls ill, you may think of everything else except what is in your basement. Many people take basement mold for granted. However, it can cause serious health problems.
Some symptoms of exposure to mold include:
Are you experiencing severe headaches? The mold in your basement may be responsible. People who often suffer migraine headaches are sensitive to various stimulants. Mold is one such stimulant. Getting rid of the mold in your basement could offer more relief than any of the strongest pain killers you can get.
You don’t have to come in direct contact with the fruiting body of the mold in order to exhibit physical signs of exposure. Simply inhaling the mold spores that have been dispersed in the air is enough to cause an allergic reaction. Some people develop a skin rash from this type of exposure.
Do you have a constant feeling of exhaustion? If you’ve been feeling tired for several days in a row, it could be the result of mold exposure. This is especially true if you find that taking a break doesn’t relieve you of the tired feeling.
Irritation of the eyes
Mold spores are an allergen. Exposure to the spores can cause eye irritation, which is characterized by the eyes watering and turning red. Many people attribute these symptoms to spring associated allergies. Not many realize that the causes for their allergies are actually within their homes.
Sinuses and runny nose
Mold spores dispersed in the air are inhaled by unsuspecting household members. The mold spores can cause irritation of the sinuses or the mucus membranes in the respiratory system. This results in the development of a runny nose or sneezing.
These symptoms are often wrongly diagnosed as a head cold or flu. If the runny nose persists, consider having your home inspected for basement mold.
Inhaling mold spores can cause even more damage to your respiratory system than giving you a runny nose. Mold spores produce toxins that can trigger the development of asthma. If you already have asthma, mold spores can make your symptoms worse.
This is a rare symptom of exposure to mold. However, it does occur when the people exposed to mold spores are especially sensitive to allergens and other irritants. The spores can cause damage to membranes in the nose resulting in nose bleeding.
Contact us today for more information!